HOME -> SABAH -> MOUNTAIN CLIMB -> MT KINABALU NON-VIA FERRATA -> SA01 2D1N MT. KINABALU CHALLENGE (TIMPOHON)
Price Effective as at 31 DEC 2016 (subject to change)
~ All Rates included 6% GST.
~ All Rates are based on per person & Non-Heated dormitory basis.
~ Special Discount for International Child Rate only, Child mentioned with age 17 years old and below.
~ Surcharge applicable for Laban Rata Room 1, 2 (2persons in 1room) and 3 (6 person room) **subject to available.
~ Surcharge RM30 per person for Pick up from Beringgis resort, Langkah Syabas, and etc.
~ WE PROVIDE A PRIVATE TRANSFER FOR ALL THE CLIMBER, NO WORRY YOU ARE COME LATE ,OUR FRIENDLY STAFF MUST WAIT UNTIL YOUR ARRIVAL AT PARK HQ
Transportation, Accommodation and Meals as stated, Kinabalu Park Entrance Fee, Climbing Permit, Insurance, and Certificate of Achievement.
Transportation: Private Return Transfers from Kota Kinabalu to Kinabalu Park HQ, Return Transfers from Reception to Timpohon Gate (Starting Point / by Koktas)
Accommodation: 1 night Laban Rata Resthouse or other same category (Non Heated Dormitory Basis)
Meals: 1 packed Lunch from Balsam café (Day 1), 1 Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant (Day1), 1 Early Supper & Breakfast at Laban Rata Restaurant (Day 2), 1 Hi-Tea at Balsam Café (until 1600hrs) (Day 2)
Compulsory Mountain Guide Fee, Optional Tipping, Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Compulsory Hirer Mountain Guide (New Rates Effective from 1st December 2015) *Below Rate Subject to 6% GST
=> Recommended Mt Guide tipping per person per day of RM10
=> *Separate Mountain Guide require for different category of climber. Exp: Should there have a group of 2climbers of age 15 & 16, 2Mountain Guides needed.
=> *Climber can request for extra mountain guide. (Subject to available)
Overtime Charges: Arrive at Timpohon Gate later than 1600hrs, Based on total Mountain Guide in group, RM 15.00 per hour per guide
Option: Porter Fee (Timpohon – Laban Rata – Timpohon), RM 13.00 per KG (Min 10kg)
Day 1 KOTA KINABALU (KK) / KINABALU PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / LABAN RATA (Packed Lunch & Dinner)
0700hrs Meet at hotel lobby and transfer to Kinabalu Park Headquarter. The journey will take approximately 2 hours. En-route passing by villages and a panoramic vista of the valleys of the Crocker Range.
0900hrs Upon arrival, our staff will arrange all necessary registrations, assign a mountain guide, and collect your packed lunch. After Register, proceed to the Timpohon Gate and it's from here the ascent to Laban Rata Rest house begins.
0930hrs A short briefing will make by your mountain guide before you start the journey. The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
1500hrs Arrive Mountainside Check in at Mt Hut, free and leisure.
1800hrs Dinner at Laban Rata’s canteen
2000hrs Lights out
Day 2 LABAN RATA / LOW’S PEAK / KOTA KINABALU (Supper, Breakfast & Lunch)
0130hrs Wake up and early morning supper.
0230hrs Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide.
0530hrs Upon reaching the summit (Low's Peak), an opportunity to take photographs on the highest point in South East Asia. In clear weather, a spectacular sunrise awaits weary climbers.
0630hrs Descent from Low’s Peak to Laban Rata Resthouose for a well earned breakfast.
1100hrs Check out of Laban Rata Resthouse and descent to Timpohon Gate with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide.
1500hrs Arrive at Timpohon Gate. Head to the Park HQ to collect your successful certificates and buy some souvenirs. Light meal to recover before transfer to Kota Kinabalu.
End of Tour
** Our private transportation for return to KK City will wait at Kinabalu Park office from 1430hrs until all climber safely arrive
WARMEST SUGGEST / REMINDER FROM US
~ It is allowed to book this tour one month before actual/expected date of climbing, 3D2N Climbing package is recommended. It’s advise to book your flight ticket after slot confirmed to avoid disappointment. Due to its popularity, there are usually limited accommodation at the Panar Laban Area, where climbers are required to stay overnight before an early morning ascent to the peak on the next day.
~ We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day of Mountain climb due to risk of delay causes by injuries, bad weather and others.
~ Mountain Climb activity will take time for minimum 2D1N, a minimum of 4D3N Sabah Trip is recommended.
~ Private transportation with pick up & drop off from your choice of hotel provided, please advise us your location as soon as possible.
~ Original Passport / Mykad for all climbers require providing upon confirmation to smoother the registration procedure. Please refer to SPECIAL NOTE FROM SUTERA SANCTUARY LODGES.
~ Original Passport / Mykad for all climbers require bringing along for verification purpose upon registration at Kinabalu Park office.
SPECIAL NOTE FROM SABAH PARK
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
SPECIAL NOTE FROM SUTERA SANCTUARY LODGES
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA), SSL requires all guests to produce their identity cards or valid passports upon check-in. Non-Malaysian nationalities must produce their valid international passports upon check-in. To facilitate a smoother checkin process for your group, please provide us with a copy of all climber 2sides identity cards or 2pages valid passports upon confirmation for us to enter guests’ details into our system. The original documents will be required to be presented at the registration desk for verification purposes against the data in our system. A similar requirement applies to Sabah Parks, agents are required to submit the climbers’ form with a copy of their identity cards or valid passports. Rest assured that SSL will only collect the relevant and required information.
Due to an unexpected technical problem at Timpohon Gate Power Station, we are currently experiencing electricity failure at Laban Rata. All efforts are on the way to rectify this problem. There will be no electricity supply until further notice. However, there are basic lightings which are powered by mini gen set. Hot shower and room heater are not available during this period. Any inconvenient caused is much regretted.
SANCTUARY BORNEO TRAVEL AGENCY SDN BHD provide service, responsibility & duty based on the Terms & Conditions (T&C) as mentioned below.
The submission of the inquiry / booking form shall be deemed to constitute the acceptance of the Booking Terms and Conditions by YOU (Organizer) and your group member; and shall be an undertaking that YOU have the authority to act for and on behalf of the persons named on the Booking Form for the travel and tour services. The form may be submitted via email, fax, short message service (SMS) and social media ((Facebook, Weibo, WeChat,Whatsap) Private Messages (PM). Referring to the T&C as below, “Guest” hereby refers to YOU (Organizer) and your group member.
Mount Kinabalu Climb Booking Terms & Conditions, Any items not mentioned will refer to the General T&C
1. The package availability is limited to available climbing permits and accommodation; it’s advisable to make reservation at least 30days prior to departure.
2. Guarantee Deposit of RM300 per person & a full Climber Detail Form (Climber Full Name, IC no or Passport No, Nationality) is require to be submitted upon inquiry. Booking for the Mt Climbing package are subject to availability and the guarantee deposit is for Guest to guarantee their interest in the event the climb is available. If the package is not available on the proposed booking date, the deposit will be refunded in full.
3. Once booking confirmed, 50% of tour fee (after deduction of the guarantee deposit Rm300 per person) is require to settle within 3Working Days from the date of confirmation issued. The balance payment is then to be made at least 30 days before the date of climb.
4. Full payment for any booking less than 60 days from the date of arrival is required in full within 3Working Days from the date of confirmation issued.
5. Children aged younger than 12 years old is not advised to join this activity, but we will still provide 10% discount for child with age 412 years old.
6. Should the guest not settle the payment on time, we reserved the right to cancel the booking without any announcement, and the mountain climb slot will open for other waiting list guest.
7. *Special Amendment Policy: Mountain Climb Package does not accept change date, change date consider cancel booking.
8. * Special Cancellation Policy: Cancellation: Should you wish to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the period of notice and cancellation fee will be as below,
PERIOD OF NOTICE CANCELLATION FEE
More than 45 days - A token fee of RM300 per person to cover administrative expenses
45 to 31 days - 50% of total price of the selected Mountain Climbing Activities
30 to 15 days - 75% of total price of the selected Mountain Climbing Activities
Less than 14 days - 100% of total price of the selected Mountain Climbing Activities
9. We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
General Terms & Conditions
1. Package validity until 31/12/2016.
2. All the rates are quote in RINGGIT MALAYSIA and per person based, quotation based on city area hotel pick up.
3. Once booking confirmed, 30% of Tour fee is require to settle within 3Working Days from the date of confirmation issued. The balance payment to be made at least 30 days before the date of arrival.
4. Amendment Policy: An amendment fee of Rm30 will be charged for any amendments after the confirmation issued & payment done, except where this involves additional days, tours, number of rooms, or number of people booked. Cancellation of any services in whole or in part is subject to the said cancellation policy.
5. Cancellation Policy: Should you wish to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, we will collect 10% of tour fee as administrative fee; cancel make less than 7days will deduct 50% of tour fee; cancel make less than 3days full cancellation charged. If the product relate with 3rd party service (Air Ticket, Accommodation, Mount Climbing & etc) will require to refer back to 3rd party Terms & Conditions & our side will still collect an extra 10% of tour fee as administrative fee.
6. No refund is available for cancellation after the tour has commenced, ground transportation or any other services.
7. Without Your (Organizer) approval / notice, Our Company will not discuss the arrangement / adjustment / amendment with your group member / 3rd party. Should there is any adjustment / amendment; it is require to inform our office team through email for both side to keep well record. All amendment requests are subject to reconfirmation and availability.
8. The final confirmed tour and any special request will only valid if it is mentioned in the confirmation.
9. Any item not mentioned in the Package included is not under the quotation, this kind of item such as airfare, excess baggage charges, baggage fee, Visa and other travelling document fees, video/camera fee, personal needs (toiletries, medicine & etc), personal belonging, meals, hotel and tour not mentioned, personal insurance, Tips and etc.
10. Our provided service and quotation based on minimum 2adults, single traveller cost will be a different quote. For a single traveller, we may charge YOU based on minimum 2adults price if there are other guests joining in on the Sit in Coach tour, or else an additional 50% tour fee will be incurred. Any single supplementary charge will pay by guest as well.
11. Sample Itinerary for reference only, actual timing and schedule arrangement will depends to current situation. Our company will consider guest safety & benefit as a first priority and we reserve the right to adjust the schedule without pre-inform. Should they require to replace by other tours, we will recommend the nearest standard price package as selection. We will try our best to minimize the changes. Any changes of tour arrangement, we will not issue any refund, comprehensive and responsibility causes.
12. We will not responsible with any loss of property, injured and any unexpected risk. All guest used company service will also act as agreed any risk causes will bear by own.
13. The organizer has the sole and absolute discretion to cancel or shorten their duration of any tour in event of force injury, hostilities, accident or other circumstance beyond the control of the organizer which render unnecessary in the organizer reasonable opinion that such step to be taken.
14. Our company had purchased Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance, our chauffeur drive are insured with comprehensive motor vehicle insurance. It is advisable to purchase own travel insurance once travel trip confirmed, this is to ensure you will receive compensation from flight delay, lost baggage, and any unexpected risk.
15. Our Company Banking Detail as below:
LO / Cheque : Sanctuary Borneo Travel Agency Sdn Bhd, Kota Kinabalu
* Tour Package Price subject to 2% charge for credit card by merchant or 6% charge for PayPal handling charges. Please email or fax us a copy of the payment slip once completed.
LAST UPDATE 12 FEB 2016